UF Quest Conference, November 2016
Introduction and Keynote Speech
UF Quest Conference Feedback Survey
UF Quest Broad Objectives
- Provide a meaningful, shared experience for all FTIC students
- Heighten awareness of the value of general education, not only in relation to the skills these courses afford but also to improved success in any chosen major and career
- Engage student in exploration and discovery of her/his unique skills and how they can contribute towards improving the condition of the world
- Increase mentoring by faculty, staff, students, community members
- Engage in "high impact" activities to solidify student's commitment to her/his major and chosen career
- Connect the curriculum with students' personal lives, values, and experiences
- Increase skills in civil discourse
- Appreciate how multiple disciplines must work together to solve complex problems
- Increase community engagement and connection of community work to the curriculum
- Provide a means of collecting meaningful assignments that can track student growth and serve as space for an expanded transcript
We are pleased to share with you the document that outlines the envisioned path towards fulfilling a Fall 2018 launch of our UF Core Program: UF Core Program: History and Path Forward.
This report also provides background of the pre-eminence legislation allowing universities with pre-eeminent status to offer a shared academic experience for its first-time-in-college students and includes a brief history of the program at UF.