University of Florida is now an institutional partner of the Association for Women in Science (AWIS). AWIS is the largest multi-disciplinary organization for women in STEM dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. AWIS reaches more than 20,000 professionals in STEM around the country.
University of Florida supports and promotes diversity in STEM by providing faculty and undergraduate/graduate students with professional development and leadership training with information tailored to help you succeed.
As a result of University of Florida’s partnership with AWIS, all interested undergraduate/graduate students are eligible to receive a one year FREE membership in AWIS. All you need to do is sign up! Go to http://www.awis.org/ufl and join the AWIS community (using your university email)!
AWIS Membership Benefits
As an AWIS member you receive publications, each designed to bring you information from a different segment of our world –
- AWIS Magazine, our award-winning magazine – covering research, workplace trends, career advancement and our work in Washington, DC.
- Washington Wire, our bi-weekly e-newsletter providing a digest of “hot-topic” articles covering careers, education, science and technology work-life satisfaction, health, events and opportunities.
- AWIS in Action! Our monthly e-newsletter, bringing attention to AWIS advocacy and public policy initiates.
- AWIS Blog – bringing you daily information with a personal twist (requires you to sign up – visit www.awis.org to sign up today).
You will also have access to:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities in industry, government, non-profit and academia through the AWIS Career Center
- Leadership and talent development training via webinars and on-demand programs
- On-line membership directory where you can interact with other AWIS members and expand your network
AWIS Facts (.pdf)
Student Flyer (.pdf)